Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nightmare on Mom Street

I was driving down the main street on campus with my mom. Up ahead we saw people scatter as a lone gunman fired into the crowd.

I threw the car in reverse and sped backwards, but he had seen us. He shot me first, and then my mother. I was fine. Mom wasn't bleeding, but she said her side hurt. I know he had hit her kidney. In a few minutes it would fill with black fluid. If I didn't get her help, she would die.

Still in reverse, I zoomed onto the expressway towards the hospital. Concerned by both my speed and direction, a cop pulled me over. I tried to outrun him, but I quickly discovered it was futile. I pulled over and explained the situation.

Thankfully, the cop was sympathetic. Mom and I hopped into his car and he rushed off towards the hospital. He turned out to be a terrible driver, however, and we crashed after just a few moments.

Scared of being sent to jail for a long time, my mother and I pulled simple prairie dresses over our normal clothes and hid out in a nearby Burger King.

I tried to use the BK house phone to contact my father, a well known mob boss, several times. As the evening drew on, however, it became apparent that I would have to venture out to find him myself. Leaving my mother in the safety of the BK, I stole a car and ventured out to find my father.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment